Vet Staff Serving the Sydney Area
Please click the staff pictures for more details
The History Of Our Veterinary Hospital
Hurlstone Park Veterinary Hospital started around 1950 and has been continuously caring for our client's pets since that time. It is believed we are the third oldest veterinary hospital in Sydney still practicing in the same location. An interesting fact is that Hurlstone Park Veterinary Hospital has only had three owners in all these years. Dr Reginald Hoskins commenced work from his home in Hardy St in the 1940s then is believed to have set up this practice in 1950, converting an old butcher shop into our veterinary hospital. Dr Hoskins continued to run the practice until the 1980s when Dr Michael Kidd bought the practice, and then a couple of years later Dr Tim Crisp came into the partnership. Tim worked here until 2011, then he decided to leave full time practice to pursue other interests.
Over the years the staff at Hurlstone Park Veterinary Hospital have treated an interesting array of pets including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, snakes, rats, mice, axolotls, and even sheep and goats. We have also treated a wide range of avian species such as parrots, finches, canaries, pigeons, duck and chooks, as well as all sorts of wildlife including possums and a wallaby.